Most instagrammable spots in Park Güell, Barcelona.
Most instagrammable spots in Park Güell Barcelona
I love this park – damn it, I do! – Consequently, I have chosen the most instagramable spots in Park Guell not to miss in Barcelona and I can’t recommend it more. Go ahead and find out.
Tips for your visit to Park Güell in Barcelona.
Certainly I feel it’s important to know beforehand and above all some good tips for your visit!
- Buy your ticket in advance for the “Monumental Zone”. You will be given a specific time to get in – likewise Sagrada Familia -. Impossible to buy a ticket at the moment 🙁
- Take a taxi or the bus to get there rather than the metro or the hop on hop off bus tour. It’s an up hill way and metro & hop on is a bit far away. Bus 24 stops right there.
I recommend you to visit the rest of the park as well, the part that is free of charge.
Why visiting the most instagrammable spots in Park Güell, Barcelona
Do you have any idea about Park Güell? I guess not. But don’t worry! That’s why I’m here.
Eusebi Güell, the owner of the land, became very close to famous architect Gaudí. For that reason, Güell assigned him the project of developing an estate for well-off families on a large property he had. Its location was unbeatable, with splendid views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean sea in the background.
Let’s go through the most instagramable spots in Park Güell
- Hill of the 3 cruises. What an amazing place for a pic right?
The park was supposed to have 60 plots on the estate, with a network of paths, viaducts and steps.
Gaudí built viaducts to travel through the park, wide enough for the carriages. He tried to integrate
these viaducts in the mountains in the most natural way possible.
Second favourite instagramable spot in Park Güell
2. Viaducts. Play with the rays of light!
As a matter of fact, we can clearly see the inspiration of Gaudi for the organic forms of nature. The mountain was absolutely bald, it was actually called the Bald Mountain, so he ordered to plant Mediterranean plants that did not require much water, that is why you will see a lot of palm trees.
Finally, they only got to build 3 houses:
- The first person to buy a plot was a friend of Güell, a lawyer.
- A show house to encourage sales was bought by Gaudí himself.
- Eusebi Güell converted the old mansion that was already there, into his residence.
Third instagramable spot in Park Güell not to miss.
Fourth instagramable spot in Park Güell in the Monumental Zone.
Our last instagramable spot in Park Güell.
What else to know about Park Güell?
So why only 3 houses out of 60? Well, it seems like the project didn’t work out – due to several reasons I’m not going to dig in right now, but you should find out yourself.
- Since Eusebi Güell died, his heirs sold the park to the City Council. The Güell house was converted into a State school.
- As a result, Gaudi’s house in Park Güell was opened to the public as a Museum.
Please send me your pics! On the other hand, if you need a local vacation photographer in Barcelona just join me here!
What do you think about my instagramable spots in Park Guell in Barcelona? Was it helpful?
Leave me your comments below 🙂